MLM 10-20KVA (3/1)
The X7-MLM series is ideal for protecting data centre and telecommunications systems, IT networks and critical systems where poor power quality
can lead to a loss of operations and service. TheX7-MLM series is available in 10-12 15-20 kVAmodels with three-phase and single-phase input and single-phase output, and X7-MLT 10-12-15- 20-30-40-60-80-100-120 kVA models with three-phase input and output with On-line double conversion technology, according to the VFI-SS-111 classification, as defined in IEC EN 62040-3. X7-MLT designed and built using state of the art technology and components, and controlled by the DSP (Digital Signal Processor) microprocessor, to provide maximum protection to the powered loads with no impact on downsteam systems and optimise energy savings. Its highly flexible design allows full compatibility both with three-phase and single-phase power supplies.
Zero impact source
Thanks to the technology used, X7-MLT solves installation problems in systems where the power supply has limited installed power, where the UPS is also powered by a generator or where there are compatibility problems with loads that generate harmonic currents; X7-MLT has zero impact on its power source, being either the mains power supply or a generator:
- input current distortion of less than 3%
- Input power factor 0.99
- power walk-in function that ensures a progressive start-up of the rectifier
- start-up delay function, to restart the rectifiers when mains power is restored if there are several UPS in the system.
In addition, X7-MLT plays a filter and power factor correction role in the power network upstream of the UPS, as it eliminates harmonic components and the reactive power, generated by the powered utilities.
Using state-of-the-art technologies three-level NPC inverters have been designed which ensure a high output of up to 96.5%. These technology solutions allow for a saving of more than 50% of the energy dissipated in a year, compared to a similar product on the market with 92% output. The exceptional performance makes it possible to recover the initial investment cost in less than three years of operation.
Battery care system
Proper battery care is critical to ensuring the correct operation of a UPS in emergency conditions. The EPI UPS Battery Care System consists of a series of features and capabilities that allow for battery management in order to obtain the best performance possible and extend their operating life. Battery charging: X7-MLT is suitable for use with hermetically sealed lead-acid (VRLA), AGM and GEL batteries and Open Cup and Nickel Cadmium batteries. Depending on the battery type, different charging methods are available.
- One-level voltage recharge, typically used for more common VRLA AGM batteries
- Two-level voltage recharge according to IU characteristic
- Charge block system to reduce electrolyte consumption and further extend the life of VRLA batteries.
Compensation of recharge voltage as a function of the temperature in order to prevent excessive charges or battery overheating. Battery tests to quickly diagnose any reduction in performance or problems with the batteries. Protection against deep discharges:during extended low-load discharges, the end-of-discharge voltage is increased as recommended by the battery manufacturers, to prevent damage to or decreased performance of the batteries. Ripple current: the recharge ripple (residual AC component) current is one of the most important causes of a reduction in reliability and battery life. Thanks to a high frequency battery charger, X7-MLT reduces this value to negligible levels, prolonging battery life and maintaining high performance over a long period of time. Wide voltage range: the rectifier is designed for operation with a wide range of input voltage values (up to – 40% at half load), reducing the need for battery discharge and thus helping to battery extend life.
Maximum reliability and availability
Connect up to 6 units in redundant (N+1) or parallel configuration. The UPS continues to operate in parallel even in the event of an interruption in the connection cable (closed loop).
Low management cost
The technology and the choice of high performance components, allows X7-MLT to achieve exceptional performance and output, with an extremely compact overall size.
- smallest overall footprint is only 0.26sqm for X7-MLT 20kVA with batteries
- the type of input stage ensures a power factor close to 1 and low current distortion without adding bulky and expensive filters
- output power at 0.9 power factor that provides up to 15% more active power than a standard UPS on the market, guaranteeing a greater margin in UPS sizing for potential load increases.
X7-MLT is suitable for use in a wide range of applications, thanks to its configuration flexibility, accessories and options, and performance:
- suitable for powering capacitive loads, such as Blade servers, without any reduction in active power from 0.9 lead to 0.9 lag
- On-line, Eco, Smart Active and Stand By Off operating modes that are compatible with compatible with applications for centralised power systems (CSS).
- frequency converter mode
- configurable EnergyShare sockets to ensure backup for the most critical loads or those programmed to operate only when mains power fails
- Cold Start to switch on the UPS even when there is no mains power
- MLM version: cabinet (1320x440x850mm HLW) for optimised solutions when medium to long-term runtime is required.
- optional temperature sensor for external battery cabinets, to assist the recharge voltage compensation
- additional battery chargers to optimise charge time
- optional dual input to mains power supply
- isolation transformers to vary neutral connectivity in the event of separate power sources or for galvanic isolation between input and output
- battery cabinets of different sizes and capacities, for providing extended runtimes.
X7-MLT is equipped with a graphic display (240×128 pixel backlit) that provides UPS information, measurements, status, and alarms in different languages and displays wave forms and voltage/current. The default screen shows the status of the UPS graphically indicating the status of the various blocks (rectifier, batteries, inverter, bypass).
- Advanced multi-platform, communication for all operating systems and network environments: UPSMon supervision and shutdown software for Windows operating systems 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP, Linux Mac OS X, Sun Solaris, Linux, Novell and other Unix operating systems.
- Compatible with the TeleNetGuard service
- RS232 serial port or USB
- 3 slots for the installation of optional communications accessories like network adapters, voltage-free contacts etc.
- REPO Remote Emergency Power Off for switching off the UPS with the remote emergency button
- Input for the connection of the auxiliary contact of an external manual bypass
- Input for synchronisation from an external source
- Graphic mimic panel display for remote connection.